Music lovers into the freshest sounds and hottest up-and-coming bands are hitting their local Guitar Center store to grab the latest Fresh Cuts CD compilation, available starting today at stores nationwide. Platinum-selling band New Found Glory personally listened to hundreds of submissions and chose 12 tracks by Guitar Center artist employees to feature on Fresh Cuts Vol. 5. An original song by New Found Glory titled "I'm the Fool" leads off the album which is available for a limited time, exclusively at Guitar Center, the world's largest musical instrument and professional audio retailer.
Guitar Center and New Found Glory teamed up on this fifth volume of Fresh Cuts to showcase the incredible talent found amongst Guitar Center's 11,000 employees nationwide who are pursuing their musical dreams and goals. Guitar Center is committed to unlocking this potential through Fresh Cuts and a series of exciting opportunities exclusively available to staffers through the GAIN Program, an exclusive community for Guitar Center employees where they engage, interact and support each other's success through programs such as Fresh Cuts.
Jeremy Cole, GAIN Program Manager of Guitar Center said, "Fresh Cuts represents the future of music and the hopes, dreams and determination of our employees who share each other's passion for music. We are excited to team up with New Found Glory to give GAIN Members a platform to greatness. Fresh Cuts Volume 5 features an array of tracks featuring different genres of music recorded from all over the country. Congratulations to the deserving musicians featured on Fresh Cuts Volume 5 featuring New Found Glory."
New Found Glory's ability to consistently produce pop-punk favorites, album after album, has made them a household name worldwide. Fans have come to love their bouncy head-bobbing riffs and gang vocals to sing-along choruses as well as lyrics everyone can relate to.
Cyrus Bolooki, drummer for New Found Glory said, "Guitar Center's got a great idea here with Fresh Cuts, and we're happy to be a part of it. Not only does this compilation showcase some of the talent that's within the Guitar Center family, it also shows that the people who are helping you out in the stores actually understand what it's like to be a musician, as many of them are in bands just like the rest of us, working hard to get their music heard by the masses. It was great to see many different bands, different styles and genres represented, and the picks on this CD will definitely prove that."
Fresh Cuts Volume 5 Tracks - For more information on the musicians, visit www.guitarcenter.com/newfoundglory
- "I'm the Fool"- New Found Glory (Courtesy of Epitaph, Song written by New Found Glory 100%,Universal Music Publishing (ASCAP)
- "I Lose, You Win"- Rumors (Featuring Patrick Carpenter, Sales Training Manager of Guitar Center West Los Angeles, CA and Travis Mason, Warehouse Manager of Guitar Center Sherman Oaks, CA)
- "I Know How To Rock N' Roll"- Wild Tiger(Featuring David Damico, Operations Manager in Training of Guitar Center Bridgeton, MO)
- "Yellow Skies"- A Girl Named Chuck (Featuring Charlene Chuckaree, Sales Training Manager of Guitar Center Hallandale , FL)
- "Answers in the Sand"- This Halo (Featuring Julian Smith, Drum Sales Associate of Guitar Center Scottsdale, AZ)
- "Double Speak"- Exesion (Featuring David Ford, Operations Assistant of Guitar Center Evansville, IN)
- "Hymn" - 48sin (Featuring Patrick Windsor, Sales Training Manager of Guitar Center North Chicago, IL)
- "Speed of Night"- Ghosts of the Great Lakes (Featuring Jeffrey Goodman, Assistant Manager, and Ben Weststrate of Guitar Center Kalamazoo, MI)
- "Don't Mean A Thing Feat. P.O.S."- Kristoff Krane (Featuring Matthew Lusk, Sales Training Manager of Guitar Center Twin Cities, MN)
- "Say You Love Me"- The 99's (Featuring Joshua Burns and Dustin Meredith, Sales Training Managers, and Scott Lange of Guitar Center Bakersfield, CA)
- "One Thing"- iKE (Featuring Tait Cameron, Accessories Sales Associate of Guitar Center Twin Cities, MN)
- "Ready, Set, Let Go"- Daylight Broadcast (Featuring Joshua Comeaux, Department Manager of Keyboards, of Guitar Center Beaumont, TX)
- "Final Friend"- Bill Robinson (Featuring William Robinson, Assistant Manager of Guitar Center Chattanooga, TN)
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center is the leading United States retailer of guitars, amplifiers, percussion instruments, keyboards and pro-audio and recording equipment. Our retail store subsidiary presently operates more than 200 Guitar Center stores across the U.S. In addition, our Music & Arts division operates more than 100 stores specializing in band instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors and students. We are also the largest direct response retailer of musical instruments in the United States through our wholly owned subsidiary, Musician's Friend, Inc., and its catalog and Web site, www.musiciansfriend.com. More information on Guitar Center can be found by visiting the Company's Web site at www.guitarcenter.com.
The GAIN Program was launched in March 2007 to help Guitar Center team members achieve their musical aspirations. At the heart of GAIN is an extensive private social network where Guitar Center, Inc. employees can post music, pictures, blogs and online discussions, in order to share with and learn from each other. In addition, GAIN presents a number of other benefits, deals, offers and opportunities to its participants, including partnerships with a number of vendors, services and institutions (music-related and non-music related alike). The GAIN program continues to build relationships with companies, organizations and individuals who can provide exposure, insight, tools and opportunity to the musicians who work for Guitar Center.